Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Procrastination Station

How many of you have come up with an excuse NOT to do your obligatory half-assed, I mean, half-hour daily workout? This week I came up with a million. They included:

1. The car I'm driving car broke and needed to be towed
2. I needed to practice for my upcoming show, which included learning a song by the Knife. And if you've ever tried to cover the Knife, it ain't easy!
3. Catching up on LOST.
4. Catching up on The Office.
5. Catching up on Keeping up with the Kardashians. I mean, how can you keep up with them if you don't take the time to watch it? Sheesh.
6. Dealing with the toilet exploding in our bathroom. Oh wait, that was Lance, not me. Thanks Lance! (Our poor toilet. All those years of heavy use must be catching up to the old girl. Hang on, old girl, you still have a few years in you yet).
7. Reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
8. Going out to dinner X 2

Due to a series of misadventures this week, I haven't been able to do my daily grind run until 10:30 tonight. But once I procrastinated to the very point where I could procrastinate no more, I sucked it up and went. It was great! And I was lucky enough to get home without incident. I guess it was an off-night with the turf wars.

Pre-run snack: Gummi bears
Days til half marathon: 25

No comments:

Post a Comment