Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Half Marathon, Shmalf Marathon

We did it! We conquered 13.1 miles in 2.5 hours.

Yesica and I ran the unthinkable. But I must thank mom and dad for coming to cheer us on. From waking up at the crack of dawn, to hanging out in a downtown Oakland coffee shop, to running for hours through the ghettos of Oakland that were transformed into a spirited race atmosphere. We ran past Lake Merritt, past people who were down strapped to oxygen tanks and IVs (dehydration? bonking?) to people of all shapes and sizes working it. Work it, work it! What a great way to spend a Sunday. And, thank you, Gu, I couldn't have done it without you.


Prerace jitters.

The starting line.

Saying hello at mile 9!

Bee bopping by at mile 12!

Sprinting to the finish line.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats, Claire! Hope the feeling of accomplishment hasn't worn off yet. Great photos - makes me feel like I was there on the side lines cheering you on. :)
    So, I dare pose the $64 million question - what's the enxt blog topic to be tackled...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Claire, one week after the race, I actually got to read your funny blog. You look strong in those photos, don't you? Are you going to keep running if you don't have a specific goal?

    ReplyDelete